Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day Painting

Got 'Def Leppard Greatest Hits' playing in the background and working away on a new oil painting, small one this time. Just wanted to look at the stone sentry from the left side, as we had walked up on it originally. For anyone that claims oil paints are the same as acrylic (as I might have done in past), there really is a difference. Try painting sun beams for arguements sake. Totally different experience.

I guess not better or worse, but definitely different. Hmm. Which is better? Will decide later, when more complete. Am sitting back taking a look for the moment. Was just reminded by a phone call that I'm supposed to spend this afternoon visiting a friend in the hospital. Of course, if I was the one a horse fell on, I'd want visitors in the doom and gloom room too. But I admit that I am loathe to leave my painting just as we're having interesting conversations.

If that makes me a bad person, I guess perhaps there it is. I've separated the colours, compartmentalizing the spaces by ideas, with the sunbeams providing unity to the scene. Tentative plan. Not sure yet if the ideas are moving towards the sunrays or if the light is bringing relief to the ideas already stagnating. Is this place solid, or pliable?

3pm Update: Off to the hospital to see Christine and give her some inspiration. And perhaps meet those male nurses she mentioned. Painting is looking ... looking ... haven't decided yet. I don't think I'm a mood person though. That part is not working in the traditional sense. Then again, the only thing traditional about me is the one the rest of the world let go of a generation ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment