Friday, September 11, 2009

Life or Something Like It

So I'm still not quite finished my little side view of pillar rock, but have an eye to complete tomorrow. Might not get some of the glazing (for lack of a better explanation) to where I want it to be though. Have kept it to a limited palette.

Took a break for a bit and created a new little rook for the latest set. Was doing some reading on the classic game, and the rook was based on the homes for the other player, or safe places of rest. So in keeping with tradition, this little rook is a mock igloo, very classic Canadian. Will play again with some more pieces after the little oil is completed.

Chatted today with a friend who is off to Paris. He was relaying to me that in effect, historic artists carved beautiful works of art in marble for patrons homes. These fabulous works are art were created as the garden gnomes of their generation, and our generation glorifies these in museums. Sometimes I wonder what the future will view my artwork as.

No comments:

Post a Comment