Sunday, May 9, 2010

Painting and Musing


The sun is shining brightly today as the wind whistles eerily around the building. The news is full of reports of wind damage from yesterday into today, which we turned off early this morning. Georgie isn't feeling well again today, and we may have to take a trip to the vet as it appears more serious than the previous bout of infection. Where to find the money is always a question.

Another important question is where I am going to help my friends at La Muse Artist & Writers Retreat raise that $50K Euros they need to stay in business past 2010. This is a serious issue as they desperately need a benefactor; I want to help.

I'm painting this afternoon, although giving it some standing time for the moment. I'm undecided about brushstrokes and the importance of traditional focus. And then there is the issue of detail: when, where and ultimately why. It's not that I can't paint traditionally, as I did seriously consider painting that muskoka chair into a portrait of famous persons just so that it sells quickly - that is what NPCC would truly appreciate. Is that selling out? Alas, the chair still sits unpainted as personally I need this piece completed by the end of May as well (my self-imposed deadline).

If only I painted a piece a day like Kim. Always something to aspire too!

No comments:

Post a Comment