Friday, October 7, 2011

EAG 47th Annual Juried Art Show


I was accepted this year into the EAG Annual Juried Art Show; very happy about this. I managed a few photos at last nights Opening, which was well attended.

The show itself is terrific; 66 works in primarily painting and some sculpture (mine are two chessboards with players).

I noticed that in general painters who paint together for some time (years?), seem to grow to look like each others works. I'm thinking of a particular group, whose paintings all seem to look alike now, and I miss the individuality of their works. I'm not sure anyone else notices, or are particularily concerned about such a thing. They win awards this way, that part works. Maybe that's why I stay somewhat removed from artist groups, because I fear this myself.

1 comment: