Friday, October 7, 2011

Nuit Blanche 2011

Just posting some photos that I had meant to post days ago, from our night downtown Toronto, Yonge Street, Nuit Blanche.

It was cold; someone should really consider that this event move to September in Canada. Sigh. Otherwise very good; in reality, this event is a street party organized around the theme of art, specifically more installation art in this section of Toronto. Just a comment, neither good nor bad. I like seeing different sectors every year, and this year we'd decided to do the Yonge Street sector.

Yes, I could see the elephant in the window. And those who could see the elephant, should be able to understand my paintings. They based on similar premises, just different media.

I liked the car, liked the buildings in light and movement. Really liked the "drawing with only your eyes" but the lineup was ridiculous. I miss the tangibility of the works, like only the idea and memory linger rather than a phyiscal presence of art, that irritates me like a rash at times. But perhaps that is a way of youth now, an example of the new generation mindset. 




1 comment:

  1. This post reminds me of Marcel Duchamp....Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete