Sunday, April 29, 2012

Playing with photographs: The Happy Couple Kiss


So my sister occasionally brings home the canvases from her store where she works, after they have been on display for months and the "new look and displays come in", so they just replace them with new ones. They just throw them out, and they are perfectly good canvas frames, just with some strangers photos on them. The factory has coated each one in something though, so I am dubious of the canvas quality. We have a few now and I dragged one out of the closet yesterday to play with.
I opted in this case to just update the photo a bit; make it much more interesting. Now this couple looks MUCH better, I think. I was going to paint over the whole thing, but have now decided that I like it this way. It makes me grin.
Of course, I 'm not sure what to do with it, but it's a lovely little 8x10 canvas portrait of a happy couple's first married kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment