Sunday, April 29, 2012

Preview of 'Picasso' Show at AGO

Ok I enjoyed this members preview showing of Picasso at the AGO on this Friday past. This show is definitely one to see if you even like Picasso's work, and perhaps even if you do not. It is worth the entrance fee certainly, as here is seven rooms of his works over the varying periods of his life.

They wouldn't let you take pictures though, and the rooms were crawling with security. Very nice security, but lots of them. My favourites were "The Reading", "The Farmers Wife" (fabulous rooster!), the "Bullfight: Death of the Torero", "the Supplicant" and some of the "Bathers" (not necesarily in this order). Some of these I found on the internet, and some I could not.





I did note that many of his works are unfinished, which was something I had not realized previous to this show. Many pieces are in varied stages of completion, but very few are truly finsihed. Perhaps he was always thinking ahead to the next piece, and hence did not settle into and finish the piece on the easel. His ambition was as far reaching as his vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment