Tuesday, May 29, 2012

About to Gesso

Just thought I'd include a quick post of prepping some boards (so to speak) for paintings. I had decided to do a bunch of these in advance this time, so have been prepping a run of different sizes and materials.

You'll note this painter is not affluent; I'm re-using some "on sale" crap images on board that are crying out for a facelift. Two of these were gifts from Christmas specifically for this purpose.

Anyway, have sealed the board and now will apply gesso coats (most likely two) then they're ready for paint.

Will still have time tonight to finish blocking in the line work on the portrait of Jean Pierre I've started. I have firmly decided to keep several pieces ongoing at the same time. Will see how the goes as far as speed and productivity.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment